Tips For The Final Christmas Shopping Push To Boost Sales
Christmas is getting closer and Super Saturday is just around the corner. Are you ready for the final retail push of the holiday season?
Black Friday and Cyber Monday may be distant memories, but there is still time to boost sales and entice shoppers to your brand. The final weekend before Christmas typically nets in excess of $30 billion in retail sales, with some retailers reporting that up to 60% of their holiday sales are made on Super Saturday, the last Saturday before the holiday. Whether catering to last minute online or in-store shoppers, here are some ways that using SMS can help retailers cash in big during the final lead up to Christmas.
- Remind online shoppers of delivery deadlines. Next day or even same day delivery options make last minute online shopping an attractive alternative to battling in-store crowds. Use SMS to alert your customers of the final day for regular shipping options, expedited shipping, etc. Notifications will help boost sales and avoid dissatisfied customers if items are received too late.
- SMS loyalty customers new daily deals during the week leading up to Christmas. An estimated 40% of shoppers haven’t made their first gift purchase by the week before Christmas. Placing your product front and center – and at a great price – will help ensure you are the brand that they choose.
- Use Two Factor Authentication (2FA) as an extra layer of security to assure online purchasers that their private information is safe and confidential.
- Provide delivery updates and tracking information. Knowledge is power and the clock is ticking, so last minute shoppers will appreciate the visibility on when their purchases can be expected.
- Capitalize on the after-Christmas rush with sales and bonuses for loyalty customers. Coined the New Black Friday, the day after Christmas can now surpass Black Friday in expected number of shoppers. Whether waiting for the lowest prices or cashing in gift cards, shoppers expect extraordinary deals in the after-Christmas sales. Make sure your brand stands out among the competition.
This year’s retail trends have already surpassed pre-season estimates, with a remarkable 15% growth over the same period last year. A little bit of last minute planning can ensure that your brand stays visible. Contact the sales team at Beepsend for more information on how we can help make your Christmas season a success.